AddThis Smart Layers

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please / The Best Man Cried

10 February 2012





Another One From The Great Clyde McPhatter For You " Lover Please"
I'm Not Saying Anymore Truly A Great Song And I Don't Think Anyone
Could Do It Better Than Clyde.

Here Are Some Coomments from Others About This Song

@esquibelle This has got to be one of the best songs of all time.....I say to everyone who comments on this song, and then I listen to it again three times in a row !!
I remember playing for a friend of mine in 1996......he had never heard it, and he asked who sang it.....he thought it was a NEW release !!
I told him it was recorded in 1956, and he almost fell down.....
And that same question could be asked now in 2011......and again in 2030.
It is truly amazing....THANK YOU
S CARINO

@lancesta01 I'm 15 and I feel the same. All that stuff back then is a million times better than the junk now.

You know what is even more surprising....BILLY SWAN, who had himself a #1 hit in 1974 with "I Can Help" WROTE that song in high school for a competition, in 1956 !! Somehow it got to Clyde McPhatter, and BINGO.....magic !
Life in the 50's ??? Maybe that's why I have watched "Back to the Future" 100 times....LOL

There You Go Just A Few Comments I've Also Added The Best Man Cried Another Great Song From Clyde but Then again All His Songs Were Great. He Was one Of the Greatest After All.

Clyde McPhatter
Birth nameClyde Lensley McPhatter[1]
BornNovember 15, 1932
Durham, North CarolinaU.S.
DiedJune 13, 1972 (aged 39)
Teaneck, New JerseyU.S.
GenresR&Bsoulpop
OccupationsSinger
Years active1950–1972
Associated actsThe Mount Lebanon Singers,Billy Ward & the DominoesThe Drifters

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive